The Vauxhall Viceroy sat between two models in the Vauxhall range, the Royale Saloon and the Carlton. The Opel equivalent was the Opel Rekord which was also available in the UK. The Viceroy was only available with a carburreted 2.5 litre engine.
|Click on the link to go to specific details on this page|
|Interior Features||Exterior Features|
|Colours and Trims||Fuel Consumption|
The following details were as the range stood in 1982.
- Venezia velour cloth trim
- Reclining front seats
- Front inertia reel seat belts
- Driver's seat adjustable for height
- Adjustable front and rear head restraints
- Carpeted rear parcel shelf
- Fully carpeted boot
- Spare wheel cover
- Rear centre armrest
- Laminated screen
- Mono radio/stereo cassette
- Front door map pockets
- Centre console
- Illuminated vanity mirror
- Lockable and illuminated glovebox
- Dipping rear view mirror
- Central door locking
- Sliding and tiltable sunroof with wind deflector
- Tiltable steering wheel and power steering
- Stereo radio/stereo cassette with 4 speakers
- Childproof rear door locks
- Internal bonnet lock
- Heated rear window
- Stalk control for headlamp dip/flash, direction indicators, two-speed wipers and intermittent wipe and electric screenwash
- Under bonnet and boot lamp
- Cigar lighter
- Fresh air heater with 4-speed fan
- Illuminated heater controls
- Adjustable face level air vents
- Side window demist vents
- Comprehensive instrumentation
- Comprehensive anti-corrosion protection
- Front air dam
- Protective bumper inserts
- Front/rear overriders
- Body side mouldings
- Halogen headlamps
- Remote control front door mirrors
- Retractable aerial
- Lockable fuel cap
- Hazard warning flashers
- Reversing lamps
- 175HR 14 radial tyres
- Sliding steel sunroof
- GM automatic gearbox
- Tinted glass all round
- Alloy road wheels
- Metallic paint (double-coated)
- Electrically-operated windows
- Inertia reel rear seat belts
- Electric boot release
- Tiltable steering column
- Stereo radio/stereo cassette
|Six cylinder in-line 2490cc cam-in-head.
Hp (DIN) 115.0 @ 5200 rpm.
Torque (Max) 132.0 lb/ft @ 3800 rpm.
Compression ratio: 9.2:1 (4-star fuel). Engine features hydraulic tappets; dual register down draught carburettor; automatic choke; electronic ignition; viscous fan
9.0 in. dia. mechanical clutch. Clutch wear warning light. 4-speed all-syncromesh gearbox, centre floor shoft. GM 3-speed automatic transmission optional at extra cost.
Final drive ratios: 2500 (manual), 3.70:1; 2500 (auto), 3.45:1
Independent front with MacPherson struts, coil springs. Live axle and coil springs at rear, location by four trailing links. Front and rear anti-roll bars.
Dual circuit, servo-assisted, with 10.7 inch diameter ventilated discs at front, 9.1 inch diameter drums at rear. Pressure conscious reducing valve. Handbrake and brake fluid loss warning light.
Re-circulating ball system, power assisted. Energy-absorbing steering column. Turning circle, 32.3ft.
6Jx14 ventilated steel wheels, 175HR 14 radial tyres. Alloy road wheels at extra cost.
12 volt negative earth system. 55 Ah battery. 65 amp alternator. Electronic transistorised breakerless ignition with Hall sensor.
14.3 gallons (65 litres)
Total capacity: 16.9 cubic feet
Kerb weight: 2749 lb
Gross vehicle weight: 3836 lb
|Exterior Colour||Crushed Velour Cloth Trim|
|Aquamarine Blue Metallic||Blue|
|Opal Green Metallic||Green|
|Topaz Brown Metallic||Brown|
|Carnelian Red Metallic||Beige|
|Astro Silver Metallic||Blue|
|White Gold Metallic||Brown|
DoT mpg Fuel Consumption Tests measured in MPG (Litres/100km)
|Simulated||Constant Speed Driving|
|Transmission||Urban Driving||56 mph (90 kph)||75 mph (120 kph)|
|Viceroy 2500||Manual (4-speed)||19.3(14.6)||37.7(7.5)||29.7(9.5)|